You are entitled to:
- a thorough examination of your mouth, teeth and gums;
- a full explanation of your treatment options; a written treatment plan (including costs); information about NHS charges clearly displayed in the practice;
- advice on how to keep your teeth and gums healthy; information about this practice and the services available;
- a care and treatment summary if you decide to transfer to another dentist;
- make a complaint if you are not happy with your treatment and care.
You are responsible for:
- giving at least 48 hours notice if you have to cancel or change an appointment. We will not charge you for missed NHS appointments – but if you miss more than 2 appointments we may no longer be able to offer you treatment.
- following your dentist’s advice to prevent tooth decay and gum disease;
- paying your bill promptly; bringing proof if entitlement when claiming help with the cost of NHS treatment. If no proof is shown your eligibility will be checked and you may have to pay for treatment;
- treating our staff with courtesy and respect
We may refuse to treat patients who are violent, fail to pay their bills or refuse to cooperate during treatment. In this case, we will inform appropriate authorities and Hampshire PCT.
YOUR DENTAL RECORDS
Your dental records will remain confidential and secure. However, where records detail NHS care, from time to time we may need to release these to Hampshire PCT or the NHS Business Services Authority as part of our ongoing clinical review process. We will try to contact you before releasing your dental records to another organisation.